Distributed Computing Systems provides free and open source software, with some established products for service-based systems and intelligent information processing. I currently develop my own products and research ideas and you can find further details on the following pages. Before starting this site, I worked for several years on University-based contracts, both as a software engineer and as a researcher. I have published a number of papers in related areas and also written one book. I am currently available for freelance work in programming, research, writing, or consultancy. In particular, Artificial Intelligence, distributed/scientific systems, or algorithm development might be of interest.
A summary of my work experience is as follows:
- Experienced as a software engineer, with the design and development of full products.
- Main programming languages are Java and C#, with some web-based and mobile development.
- Most experience with server-side programming, but also windows-based GUI development.
- Algorithm development includes AI or Machine Learning. Also test programs and platforms.
- Internet programming includes XML, Web Services, servers and distributed communication.
- With an academic background, I am also strong in research and technical writing.
- Main areas of interest are: Artificial Intelligence, especially autonomous, agent-based or neural systems, search or query processes and distributed information systems.
Being actively engaged in the research, I would be interested in any sources of funding and/or collaboration. Alternatively, if a serious short-term move could be accommodated, then it would be considered.
My software is listed on the following pages. The first two products are useful for organising and finding information, maybe as part of a small business. A short summary is as follows:
Licas is a distributed service-based and AI framework, with many useful features for building your own system. There is also a set of free business applications.
Latest updates, bug fixes, etc.
1. Main GUI bug fixes and improvements.
2. Email service bug fix and update.
3. New Sparql Query interface.
1. Project form (legacy) bug fix.
2. Minor Organiser form re-design and reminder view update.
3. Load file using default app option.
4. Filter words can now include blank spaces.
Code Analyzer (7/16):
1. No demo version now, only the full version.
1. Minor update / bug fix.
Note: If moving accounts, you can update any config file paths using Textflo, for example and it will work as normal. If there is any difficulty, please send an email.