Distributed Computing Systems provides free and open source software, where Artificial Intelligence and distributed computing are core themes. I currently develop my own products and research ideas and you can find further details on the following pages. Before starting this site, I worked for several years on University-based contracts, both as a software engineer and as a researcher. I have published a number of papers in related areas and also written one book. I am currently available for freelance work in programming, research, writing, or consultancy. In particular, Artificial Intelligence or algorithm development might be of interest.
My software is listed on the following pages and might provide enough to run a business with. A short summary is as follows:
- Licas is a distributed service-based and AI framework, with many useful features for building your own system. There is also a set of free business applications.
- Textflo is a text processing system that also uses AI and is very helpful for the day-to-day management of documents, online links and even tasks.
- Code Analyzer can be used to create enhanced metadata descriptions.
- Outlines is an image processing App, built for the Android operating system.
A summary of my work experience is as follows:
- Several years as a software engineer (design and development).
- Main programming languages are Java and C#, with some web-based and mobile development.
- Most experience with server-side programming, but also windows-based GUI development.
- Algorithm development includes AI or Machine Learning.
- Internet programming includes XML, Web Services, servers and distributed communication.
- With an academic background, I am also strong in Research and technical writing.
- Main research areas of interest are: Artificial Intelligence (especially autonomous/agent-based or neural systems, search or query processes) and distributed information systems.
Other pages list game-playing software, the DCS research publications and some other useful sites.
Being actively engaged in the research, I would be interested in any sources of funding and/or collaboration. Alternatively, if a respectful short-term move could be accommodated, then that would be considered.
Latest updates, bug fixes, etc.
1. Service bug fixes and new features - rss feeds and monitor emails.
2. New minimum console and save/load basic SOA now OK.
3. Some other bug fixes, including the scientific panels.
1. Project form bug fixes and new free-draw option. Some updates here.
2. New analysis option.
Code Analyzer (7/16):
1. No demo version now, only the full version.
1. Bug fix in the search process.