Distributed Computing Systems provides some free and open source software. The products relate to distributed systems and computing, with a focus on AI algorithms, text processing and search. I also research the topic of AI.
My background is University-based, where I worked for several years on R&D projects concerned with information systems, engineering and AI. Since then, I have written a book in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, the Internet and SOA, and published a number of papers that describe my own cognitive model.
The software is mostly developed and updates will be less frequent in the future. I also do contract work when possible. I am available for freelance work in programming, research, writing, or consultancy. I would also be interested in any sources of funding and/or collaboration.
A summary of my work experience is as follows:
- Experienced software engineer, with the design and development of products over the whole software life-cycle.
- Main programming languages are Java and C#, with some web-based and mobile knowledge.
- Algorithm development, particularly for Artificial Intelligence and distributed systems. Also test programs.
- Server-side programming and Windows-based GUI development.
- With an academic background, I am strong in research and technical writing, where my research interests include Artificial Intelligence (autonomous, agent-based, cognitive or neural systems), heuristics, search or query processes and distributed information systems.
This really has the potential to be a world-class product. I am sure it could help with medical diagnosis. It only needs some investment.
Software and Research
The software is listed on the following pages. The two main products are what I use to sort my daily routine. They can save a lot of time and are geared more towards an individual or small business. A short summary is as follows:
Licas is a distributed service-based and research framework, with many useful features for building your own system. There is also a set of free business applications.
Textflo is a text processing system with query and search capabilities that is very helpful for the day-to-day management of documents, online links and even tasks.
I have made a human rights complaint (hrc). Permanent high-pitched hate speeches. Its also stressing my pet cat. Hight pitched noise running all afternoon.
Latest updates, bug fixes, etc.
1. Service and minimum console updates.
2. Rest/GET comm and base64 bug fixes.
3. Some performance improvements.
1. The full version is now free.
2. Memory heap increased to 4G, so it can process much larger files, probably 100M.
3. Project schedules update.
Note: Any file path is stored simply as a text description and so it can be automatically changed in any config file. Do a backup first.
I am still working on the system, but nothing of note. The best systems these days are billions of parameters and not built on laptops, but that is the design, so I will keep working on it.
A second book has been written, but it is not going to be made public. It is only a series of papers.